January 2, 2013

Day 2.

a couple of reflections/disclaimers for today:

1. i took class today for the first time in a couple weeks.  this is actually the first activity more strenuous than climbing the stairs to my apartment that i've done in two weeks, as i was hit by a nasty virus and more laid out than i have been in my adult life.  as i wobbled and shook my way through balances and developes, i was struck by how much of my body and my ability i take for granted: two weeks of illness and inactivity and i was already so out of shape!  on the flip side, these legs are pretty incredible to stay as supple and strong as they do on a regular basis. sigh, gratitude.  sigh, humility.

2. please forgive the terrible lighting and dumpy sweater outfit.  (reference the above... it's an accomplishment that i'm not wearing pajamas.)

3. the name of this poem is "i like for you to be still."  there is so much to work with, in only that title! i'm starting my improv of today and yesterday with a play on stillness and movement.

.... i also added video to yesterday!
here's today.



No comments:

Post a Comment